We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us through our stores, over the phone, online, or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”).
Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re referring to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up Chocolate Avenue from time to time. Which of the Chocolate Avenue controls your personal information depends on the circumstances in which you are dealing with us.
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us; ;
- Information about any device you have used to access our Website. If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those website;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Marketing Services.
How do we use your personal information?
There are a number of ways in which we use your personal information, depending on how you interact with us. If you do not provide your information to us, then we will be unable to interact with you in that way – for example, if you do not provide your name, address and account details when purchasing one of our products online, we will not be able to sell you that product as we would be unable to process your payment or deliver the product to you.
To provide our products and services – we need to use your personal information to make our products and services available to you. If you then decide to order any of our products or services then we’re delighted, thank you.
To personalise your shopping experience – we try to understand our customers so we can provide you with a great shopping experience, relevant marketing, personalised offers, shopping ideas and online advertising. Understanding how you browse our websites helps us to do this.
Analytics and profiling – we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers. That includes understanding the products and services you buy, the manner in which you consume them. This helps us to serve you better and to find ways to improve our services and website. These profiles help us to send you offers that are more relevant to you.
Contacting you – we use your personal information to contact you: to contact you about orders from us. We may also contact you in relation to any questions you have raised with us or to discuss the status of your account with us.